-
Howto shrink partition?
How do I shrink a ReiserFS partition? The command "resize_reiserfs" said it was successful, but I can't see the difference. I've also tried PowerQuest PartitionMagic, QTParted, and some other obscure boot disk app, but nothing shrink the damn partition.
So how do I effectively shrink a ReiserFS partition from 2.1 GB to 1.7 GB?
-
Senior Member
registered user
man resize_reiserfs says:
If you wish to shrink an reiserfs partition, first use resize_reiserfs
to shrink the file system. You may then use cfdisk(8) to shrink the
device. When shrinking the size of the device, make sure you do not
make it smaller than the reduced size of the reiserfs filesystem.
-
cfdisk
When trying
in a console windows I get this error:
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `8'
I checked the man pages and there is no note on the specified cfdisk option. cfdisk -n didn't work either
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: cfdisk

Originally Posted by
sn0wflake
When trying
in a console windows I get this error:
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `8'
I checked the man pages and there is no note on the specified cfdisk option. cfdisk -n didn't work either

That would be man 8 cfdisk.
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 12:48 AM
-
By mzilikazi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 06:22 PM
-
By schteelhead in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 07:25 PM
-
By Rus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 01:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99