-
Knoppix boot problems
I put the knoppix CD in, and reboot my computer. The boot prompt comes up. It seems everything I choose except "failsafe" causes my screen to go black after a quick kernel load and my computer is hung. Even "testcd" causes this black screen and computer hang.
When I choose "failsafe" the load messages scroll down my screen then the process again hangs my computer. The last two lines are
"enabled ExtINT on CPU#0"
"ESR value before enabling vector: 00000002"
My computer runs winME, winXP, and Suse Linux 6.4 without any problems.
I burned a new knoppix CD at 2x recording speed to ensure no burning errors. Still the exact same result.
I am running the KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso image.
The documentation did not help much. I also tried booting with as many of the "no" options such as "nousb" as was possible. This also did not work.
Any help would be appreciated. I would be glad to try and debugging or verbose error reporting techniques if there are any available.
Similar Threads
-
By Jhuehn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 06:35 AM
-
By rosid in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 12:28 PM
-
By cptdondo in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 06:28 PM
-
By phen in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 04:51 PM
-
By Journey44 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1785.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99