-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: I also need help networking knoppix

Originally Posted by
Jeffr680J
I have a windows xp computer and two windows ME computers I am trying to get on the network. I could not figure out why I could not get windows xp/server/me to work on the network, as in be a network server. I have given up on windows and would like to try a knoppix server, because of knoppix's increased security and stability. I would also like to add a printer to the server. Im not sure how to start and I just started today messing with knoppix. I have two old nic cards in my computer:
3com Etherlink XL 10/100 pci card and a
3com 3c905Tx pci card.
I dont think there is anything wrong with the cards, and I was hopeing knoppix would automatically share the internet connection. If anyone can help me out please email me or post here. Thank you.
Jeff
Well we would need a little more information to help. Like what type of connection to the internet what equipment are you using to connect the machines, are you going to install Knoppix to the hard drive or run from CD things like that. A few links to IP Tables scripts and programs and a tutorial this is what you will need to use to accomplish your objective.
http://rocky.molphys.leidenuniv.nl/
http://firestarter.sourceforge.net/
http://www.bastille-linux.org/
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.n...-tutorial.html
Similar Threads
-
By Jwizzman in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:52 PM
-
By tortele in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 08:53 AM
-
By Yeti in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:56 AM
-
By captaincourage in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 06:01 AM
-
By tealeaf in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$678.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop
$44.99