-
computer won't power off
Knoppix 3.3, HD-install
When I "shutdown" my computer whon't shut off. I see everything shutting down and at the end I see "shut off" or "power off" (I can't remember). I hear hard drive powering down, but everything remains on the screan. how can I have my computer powering off just like windows does it?
-
Go see in your BIOS setup menu wether this computer is using ACPI or APM power-management. I have personally had more success with APM but beware that windows nt/y2k/xp will not boot if you change power mangement options so just change 'em back after playing with knoppix! You could also try "knoppix noacpi" @ the knoppix boot prompt.
Similar Threads
-
By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
-
By ronnie__g in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:28 AM
-
By spiwokv in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99