-
computer won't power off
Knoppix 3.3, HD-install
When I "shutdown" my computer whon't shut off. I see everything shutting down and at the end I see "shut off" or "power off" (I can't remember). I hear hard drive powering down, but everything remains on the screan. how can I have my computer powering off just like windows does it?
-
Go see in your BIOS setup menu wether this computer is using ACPI or APM power-management. I have personally had more success with APM but beware that windows nt/y2k/xp will not boot if you change power mangement options so just change 'em back after playing with knoppix! You could also try "knoppix noacpi" @ the knoppix boot prompt.
Similar Threads
-
By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
-
By ronnie__g in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:28 AM
-
By spiwokv in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE Parts or Repair READ
$150.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer | Turns On
$299.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Microbee VGA Video Converter Amiga Atari ST CGA RGB Retro Computer RARE
$207.98

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder
$34.50