Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: computer won't power off

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    8

    computer won't power off

    Knoppix 3.3, HD-install

    When I "shutdown" my computer whon't shut off. I see everything shutting down and at the end I see "shut off" or "power off" (I can't remember). I hear hard drive powering down, but everything remains on the screan. how can I have my computer powering off just like windows does it?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95
    Go see in your BIOS setup menu wether this computer is using ACPI or APM power-management. I have personally had more success with APM but beware that windows nt/y2k/xp will not boot if you change power mangement options so just change 'em back after playing with knoppix! You could also try "knoppix noacpi" @ the knoppix boot prompt.

Similar Threads

  1. 9800 Pro, where's the power!?
    By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
  2. Is their a 'Live CD' for a G3 I-Mac (not a Power PC?
    By ronnie__g in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:28 AM
  3. power outrage
    By spiwokv in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
  4. Install Knoppix to a Power MAC 5400/180 Computer
    By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:37 AM
  5. Knoppix will not shut the power on the computer off
    By beforewisdom in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2003, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$89.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91