-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok, remastering masters.... KDE and Konqueror questions
It's that time again... time to find out where the heck the kmenu comes from!!! It's not /etc/skel/.kde/applnk and its not /usr/share/applnk because my kmenu looks very different than the kmenu would look if it was derived from those files. COuld it possibly come from root's home?
I really can't live without tweaking the look of my remaster, but it really blows when things that I uninstalled with apt still show up in my kmenu even after I've deleted them from the kmenu and deleted /etc/skel and then stuck my ramdisdk configs into /etc/skel.
I'm working out of a 3.2 remaster and its been apt-get upgraded to testing distribution and undergone numerous other changes such that I'm surprised that it still works at all.
Anyway, kmenu... /me shrugs
The other thing is that konqueror loves to complain about missing libs- kdelibc_konq_la or something pretty close to that.... This pops up when used as a file browser. I'll post the exact error when I get home later. I googled it and got a page of results, but no file to download or package to install. Nothing really debian-specific came up either. Functionality is fine, but I don't need error messages popping up when noobs start browsing their files graphically. Has anyone tried installing an alternate file browser? I've never tried myself and am wondering just what I'd have to edit. To be honest I wouldn't mind blowing konqueror away entirely, not a bit.
Edit: here's what konqueror spits out when I try to adjust its Settings > Configure konqueror:
There was aThere was an error loading module
'.hidden/filebehavior.desktop'
The diagnostics is:
Library files for "libkcm_konq.la" not found in pathsn error loading module
'.hidden/filebehavior.desktop'
The diagnostics is:
Library files for "libkcm_konq.la" not found in paths
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 07:09 AM
-
By Trace Green in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 04:36 AM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 03:49 PM
-
By Gamito in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:33 PM
-
By TDSK in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$99.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99