go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
I have an ATI Radeon 9000 that is detected by knoppix at boot, however, when I go to the video card settings in the 'control center' I see that the video card is set to 'generic fbdev' (and DVD's play badly with the generic settings).
The only options I have in control center are ATI Radeo QD, QE, QF, and QG. Which of these is the Radeon 9000? None work when I boot with the settings fb1024x768 knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
What am I doing wrong?
-dave
go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
Try booting with the cheatcode xmodule=radeon
I just got a driver and it won't install
You can't easily install the driver if you're running from CD, you'd have to install the OS to your hard drive.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99
Metro DataVac PRO MDV-1 Computer Cleaning System Blower/Vacuum Complete w/ Bags
$129.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98