go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
I have an ATI Radeon 9000 that is detected by knoppix at boot, however, when I go to the video card settings in the 'control center' I see that the video card is set to 'generic fbdev' (and DVD's play badly with the generic settings).
The only options I have in control center are ATI Radeo QD, QE, QF, and QG. Which of these is the Radeon 9000? None work when I boot with the settings fb1024x768 knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
What am I doing wrong?
-dave
go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
Try booting with the cheatcode xmodule=radeon
I just got a driver and it won't install
You can't easily install the driver if you're running from CD, you'd have to install the OS to your hard drive.

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX
$850.00
VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13" Laptop Intel Pentium READ
$121.83
Clean Retro Apple Macintosh PowerBook 520 - Vintage Laptop - Tested And Working
$149.99
RARE ISA Video Card, S3 P86C928, 2MB (Diamond Stealth Pro) Vintage, Working
$179.99
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer
$275.00
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
ISA Video Card, Oak Technology OTI087, 1MB (Paradise 1580) Vintage, Working
$44.99
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99