go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
I have an ATI Radeon 9000 that is detected by knoppix at boot, however, when I go to the video card settings in the 'control center' I see that the video card is set to 'generic fbdev' (and DVD's play badly with the generic settings).
The only options I have in control center are ATI Radeo QD, QE, QF, and QG. Which of these is the Radeon 9000? None work when I boot with the settings fb1024x768 knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda1
What am I doing wrong?
-dave
go to ATI's Web Site and download the Driver
it may just solve your problem
Try booting with the cheatcode xmodule=radeon
I just got a driver and it won't install
You can't easily install the driver if you're running from CD, you'd have to install the OS to your hard drive.

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99