-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: How do you change the screen resolution?
[quote="god"]

Originally Posted by
Dave_Bechtel
--Did you try boot: ' fb1024x768 ' or any other cheat codes? What video card and monitor are you using?
I used all the cheatcodes I could get my hands on...
I am using a Dell ultrasharp 17 inch (1702 FP) with an nvidia 4200 card. I need the code "knoppix xmodule=vesa" to even get a picture, the standard "nv" modules appear to not work in combination with my monitor, (manual says vesa mode only accepted)
Thanks for any help, in advance....
Have you tried installing the nvidia drivers from nvidia themselves? They work really well, and they are easier to install than i thought originally. A friend told me I had to recompile the kernel, which i have yet to do successfully.... but I have no problem following nvidias instructions on their website. I actually get better resolution and graphics than with the nv drivers.
Similar Threads
-
By boge in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 11:33 PM
-
By brainstorm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By mheight in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
-
By dale_c in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 06:06 PM
-
By ndori in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99