-
Senior Member
registered user
Hunkah ???
Hey get with it....
I can't take a shower at the momnet becuase I had to take the electrical supply from the pump and heater to feed my PC's....
Dont you ever READ THE F'IN MANUAL....
I read the whole of 'Dealing with noobies by A. Penguin' and it says that we have to sit on you for six week until you hatch then we push predigested raw mackrel down your throat
No seriously good points.....
Its easy to say RTFM but its not always obvious which manual to read!!!
I have to admit I installed my fist knoppix a week ago and accidentally used the wrong script.... it worked anyway but I read the wrong manual....
Then I reinstalled another with the new script and that worked too.
Reading the wrong manual for the wrong script can be more complex than asking someone HOW-TO, and if the answer is a link to a HOW-TO thats fine, but no need to be sarcastic!!!
Ive got years of linux experience but never really learned Debian so knoppix is all new and exciting to me!! But at the same time Im missing some real obvious stuff (like subtlties on APT) which someone coming to knoppix from Debian wouldnt miss.
Its really easy to forget what becomes second nature to you....
Like the number of people saying hey root can't open a graphical app!!!
RTMF my friend !!!
Only its so much nicer to explain the DISPLAY variable.
Similar Threads
-
By emmbec in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 11:34 AM
-
By stv in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:13 PM
-
By estranged in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By Henk Poley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 03:32 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99