Quote Originally Posted by Hunkah
A couple of things we Linux users *really* need
-A better attitude!
-More forgiving of newbies!
I definitely agree with you there. I was at a Linux forum a few months ago that was just awful. Many posts were deleted by moderators who assumed you didn't search first just because you were a newbie. As if that weren't enough, the regular posters would make posts about how tired they were with all the newbies asking for help. "It's so annoying when they put 'help!' in the subject line".

Well, boohoo for them. Frankly, I've never been to a forum where I saw Windows-users complaining about people new to computers asking questions. And then the nerds just like them wonder why Windows is so successful. Maybe because people like them were the first Linux-users they encountered? Grrrrrrrrr.

But I still think making something like driverloader working with hardware that there's been no success on writing a Linux driver is a good idea. Regardless, whatever we think, they're doing it and they're going to keep doing it, because there's just too much hardware that won't work with Linux not to. And when they do, a lot of people who can't afford to replace their hardware will be glad, because they'd have no other choice but to stick with Windows otherwise. Unless of course, those who disagree with the idea would like to pay to replace these people's hardware with more Linux-friendly stuff for them?