-
Junior Member
registered user
Monitor keeps blinking in knoppix LiveCD boot
After I pressed enter key in the boot window it said "You passed an undefined mode number.Press return to see video modes available, space to continue or wait 30 secs"
When I pressed enter it showed some modes and below there was "Enter mode number or 'scan' " So when I entered "scan", after monitor blinked for some time, another window (i think VEGA) with list of different modes appeared, this time when I entered "scan", monitor blinked for a longer time but same think window appeared again showing the list of modes. But when I pressed "enter" key linux kernel booted and everything was fine and continued.Autoconfiguring devices also passed.Then sound card was recognised and everything was over.And then Root# prompt appeared, then suddenly monitor started blinking again but that light on monitor kept blinking in fast intervals and nothing happened and keeps on blinking... What could be the problem?
Actually even when I installed Damn Small Linux that same problem of "You passed an undefined mode number" appeared but when I pressed "enter" it continued and everything was successfull and no problem appeared !
Similar Threads
-
By secksy-guy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
-
By tilleyrw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 02:25 PM
-
By justAnotherLinuxNewbie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 01:42 PM
-
By Raz in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:03 AM
-
By blubu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99