PS : I just saw that there is no german & italian documentation on flonix site (wiki), if someone can help them (i'm not translator, i'll try to help them by report bugs, if I found some)...
I've just installed Flonix build32 on my 128M USB2 drive, I'me very impressed
You have everything you want in 62M (multimedia, including a media center), internet(with mozilla firebird 0.7).
What is very cool, it's about save/restore documents & mails on the USB drive used by Flonix so you have the system, apps and data in the same device, in your pocket.
The desktop design is cool and the system is really fast.
As they say on their web site, Flonix is a tip-top system
I'm not going out without my usb drive now !
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15506
PS : I just saw that there is no german & italian documentation on flonix site (wiki), if someone can help them (i'm not translator, i'll try to help them by report bugs, if I found some)...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I've just installed Flonix build32 on my 128M USB2 drive, I'me very impressed![]()
I have to second this. I am using the CD version. I just may pop for a USB pen drive just to try this out.
Good work, You must of really worked to get it so small.
It's not me but yes they have done a good work to have all these fonctionalities on a so small device.Originally Posted by Rootman
I notice with a USB drive you can store files.
Do you know if it uses an encrypted filesystem? So that if your USB drive gets into someones hands they can't read your files without your password?
Yes unless you encrypt them.Originally Posted by kbreen
I just downloaded and installed Flonix build 34, I'm very happy of it.
Desktop enhancments and the new media center skin are very nice.
Good job
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15506
Available todayinstalled today
Startup with my USB2 key is very fast (less than 1min), I have never see a faster OS start.
Flonix starts faster than an HD installed OS
I'll donate to the author, he've done a very good job
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15506
I've just finished setting up Flonix on my Sandisk Cruzer 256 USB drive and it's amazing. I replaced the existing file, fond.jpg, with another file of the same dimensions and now have a custom desktop background as well. It took a while to get my drive bootable but when I switched from Syslinux 2.06 to Syslinux 2.08 it took care of my problem.
The only things I'm having issues with are the color depth locking in at 256 colors and when shutting down it doesn't save my documents to USB as it says it does... any ideas?
All in all I'd say this is one of the coolest and useful things I've ever downloaded and I now walk around with my USB key on a neck lanyard everywhere, I look like a dork but I'm never without a bootable Linux distro!
Build 37 is smaller ( <60MB), with the same capabilities and easyer to use.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99