I don't know of any pacakges for voice recognition, but if you are looking for voice emulation, then you can try Festival.
http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/
apt-get install festival
I am interested in a voice interface Knoppix edition that incorporates various open source accessibility technologies. I use Knoppix regularly but am a newbie to remastering. I have tried one edition for the blind but it only had a braille interface. Most blind or vision impaired people do not know braille. A Knoppix edition to demonstrate the power of open source solutions for accessibility could also be of use to average users and the illiterate. Any help or advise would be appreciated! Thank you.
Specific questions:
-Any recommedations for desktop environments that integrate with open source voice interfaces?
-Any recommendation of open source voice interfaces?
-Any recommendations for artificial intelligence interfaces?
-Any guidelines for minimal list of Knoppix files?
I don't know of any pacakges for voice recognition, but if you are looking for voice emulation, then you can try Festival.
http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/
apt-get install festival
also flite TTS : http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/flite/
apt-get install flite ( http://packages.debian.org/testing/sound/flite )
Also http://oralux.org
![]()

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Dell EMC 4TB 7.2K Sata 6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD, 118000762
$50.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5" 12Gb/s 128MB 7.2K RPM SAS HDD P/N: 1V4204-002
$24.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$51.99