-
Junior Member
registered user
Flonix, i'm impressed
I've just installed Flonix build32 on my 128M USB2 drive, I'me very impressed 
You have everything you want in 62M (multimedia, including a media center), internet(with mozilla firebird 0.7).
What is very cool, it's about save/restore documents & mails on the USB drive used by Flonix so you have the system, apps and data in the same device, in your pocket.
The desktop design is cool and the system is really fast.
As they say on their web site, Flonix is a tip-top system 
I'm not going out without my usb drive now !
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15506
-
Junior Member
registered user
PS : I just saw that there is no german & italian documentation on flonix site (wiki), if someone can help them (i'm not translator, i'll try to help them by report bugs, if I found some)...
-
Re: Flonix, i'm impressed
I've just installed Flonix build32 on my 128M USB2 drive, I'me very impressed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to second this. I am using the CD version. I just may pop for a USB pen drive just to try this out.
Good work, You must of really worked to get it so small.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Flonix, i'm impressed

Originally Posted by
Rootman
I've just installed Flonix build32 on my 128M USB2 drive, I'me very impressed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to second this. I am using the CD version. I just may pop for a USB pen drive just to try this out.
Good work, You must of really worked to get it so small.
It's not me but yes they have done a good work to have all these fonctionalities on a so small device.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I notice with a USB drive you can store files.
Do you know if it uses an encrypted filesystem? So that if your USB drive gets into someones hands they can't read your files without your password?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kbreen
I notice with a USB drive you can store files.
Do you know if it uses an encrypted filesystem? So that if your USB drive gets into someones hands they can't read your files without your password?
Yes unless you encrypt them.
-
Junior Member
registered user
New version of Flonix
I just downloaded and installed Flonix build 34, I'm very happy of it.
Desktop enhancments and the new media center skin are very nice.
Good job 
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15506
-
Junior Member
registered user
-
I've just finished setting up Flonix on my Sandisk Cruzer 256 USB drive and it's amazing. I replaced the existing file, fond.jpg, with another file of the same dimensions and now have a custom desktop background as well. It took a while to get my drive bootable but when I switched from Syslinux 2.06 to Syslinux 2.08 it took care of my problem.
The only things I'm having issues with are the color depth locking in at 256 colors and when shutting down it doesn't save my documents to USB as it says it does... any ideas?
All in all I'd say this is one of the coolest and useful things I've ever downloaded and I now walk around with my USB key on a neck lanyard everywhere, I look like a dork but I'm never without a bootable Linux distro!
-
Junior Member
registered user
Build 37 is smaller ( <60MB
), with the same capabilities and easyer to use.
Similar Threads
-
By turbine in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
-
By turbine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By iconfly in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
-
By martinjh99 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-25-2002, 06:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99