Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Flonix, i'm impressed

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    13
    I've tried to install Flonix to my usb key a couple of times, but without success. I use a floppy to boot, but when the key is accessed, up pop the error messages:-

    Accessing Flonix USB...cat: No file /KNOPPIX/etc/ld.so.cache

    rm: not found
    awk: not found

    and so on until:-

    kernel panic

    All the required files appear to be on the key, and I can't work out where I have goofed.
    Suggestions would be much appreciated.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by 3133
    I've tried to install Flonix to my usb key a couple of times, but without success. I use a floppy to boot, but when the key is accessed, up pop the error messages:-

    Accessing Flonix USB...cat: No file /KNOPPIX/etc/ld.so.cache

    rm: not found
    awk: not found

    and so on until:-

    kernel panic

    Suggestions would be much appreciated.
    I got the same messages. This is what I have done:
    I have formatted my USB 64MB Pen drive using FAT. I have booted the Knoppix CD mounted the Pen Drive and copied Flonix USB edition on it (I have some files and knoppix directory in the root directory of the Pen Drive). I have created floppy disk with boot.img.
    Anyway, system stops at the moment described by 3133. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks in advance

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5

    Same here

    Is there any documentation of how to store the USB files on your USB drive, such as what filesystem you should use, etc? I can't get it to work either!!

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5
    Also, what is the default root password for flonix? There is no documentation so I have no idea!!

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    sudo su

    maybe?

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    90
    I have and external hd enclosure USB 2. Inside I have and 6 gb HDD formated in an unique partition with FAT 32. I only copied the uncompressed files in the root carpet. Create a boot diskette and then reboot the machine.

    One tip! When you launch your machine with knoppix and connect your USB drive it appears in the desktop?. I have had 4 USB devices, and only 2 works under linux. All of them work with windows. Maybe your USB drive is windows only, and in that case, your floppy linux drive won't be able to see them.

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by T
    Also, what is the default root password for flonix? There is no documentation so I have no idea!!
    If it's like the other Knoppix based / derived distro's it's blank, You can use su or sudo. Try typing
    Code:
    passwd root
    and change it to what you want, note that it is not permanant.
    ----
    Visit my homepage: http://www.cox-internet.com/stevedavis/ - BORING! ;-}

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107
    You will find that <flonix> works as password! So obvious that it becomes really helpful as well as keeping out the uninitiated.
    OG.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    how, where

    I have one build of flonix, but how do I install the .iso from HD to USB-stick?

    Where can I found latest version of usb-Flonix?

  10. #20

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. I'm thoroughly impressed with knoppix
    By turbine in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
  2. Running Knoppix from CD, very impressed!
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
  3. I was really impressed.
    By turbine in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
  4. I am impressed!!!
    By iconfly in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
  5. Impressed!! I'll Say!!
    By martinjh99 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$163.49



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$101.99



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99