Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Flonix, i'm impressed

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10

    Flonix, i'm impressed

    I've just installed Flonix build32 on my 128M USB2 drive, I'me very impressed

    You have everything you want in 62M (multimedia, including a media center), internet(with mozilla firebird 0.7).

    What is very cool, it's about save/restore documents & mails on the USB drive used by Flonix so you have the system, apps and data in the same device, in your pocket.

    The desktop design is cool and the system is really fast.

    As they say on their web site, Flonix is a tip-top system

    I'm not going out without my usb drive now !

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15506

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10
    PS : I just saw that there is no german & italian documentation on flonix site (wiki), if someone can help them (i'm not translator, i'll try to help them by report bugs, if I found some)...

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    35

    Re: Flonix, i'm impressed

    I've just installed Flonix build32 on my 128M USB2 drive, I'me very impressed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I have to second this. I am using the CD version. I just may pop for a USB pen drive just to try this out.

    Good work, You must of really worked to get it so small.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10

    Re: Flonix, i'm impressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Rootman
    I've just installed Flonix build32 on my 128M USB2 drive, I'me very impressed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I have to second this. I am using the CD version. I just may pop for a USB pen drive just to try this out.

    Good work, You must of really worked to get it so small.
    It's not me but yes they have done a good work to have all these fonctionalities on a so small device.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    19
    I notice with a USB drive you can store files.
    Do you know if it uses an encrypted filesystem? So that if your USB drive gets into someones hands they can't read your files without your password?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by kbreen
    I notice with a USB drive you can store files.
    Do you know if it uses an encrypted filesystem? So that if your USB drive gets into someones hands they can't read your files without your password?
    Yes unless you encrypt them.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10

    New version of Flonix

    I just downloaded and installed Flonix build 34, I'm very happy of it.

    Desktop enhancments and the new media center skin are very nice.

    Good job
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15506

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10

    Flonix build36

    Available today installed today
    Startup with my USB2 key is very fast (less than 1min), I have never see a faster OS start.
    Flonix starts faster than an HD installed OS
    I'll donate to the author, he've done a very good job
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15506

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1
    I've just finished setting up Flonix on my Sandisk Cruzer 256 USB drive and it's amazing. I replaced the existing file, fond.jpg, with another file of the same dimensions and now have a custom desktop background as well. It took a while to get my drive bootable but when I switched from Syslinux 2.06 to Syslinux 2.08 it took care of my problem.

    The only things I'm having issues with are the color depth locking in at 256 colors and when shutting down it doesn't save my documents to USB as it says it does... any ideas?

    All in all I'd say this is one of the coolest and useful things I've ever downloaded and I now walk around with my USB key on a neck lanyard everywhere, I look like a dork but I'm never without a bootable Linux distro!

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10
    Build 37 is smaller ( <60MB ), with the same capabilities and easyer to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I'm thoroughly impressed with knoppix
    By turbine in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
  2. Running Knoppix from CD, very impressed!
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
  3. I was really impressed.
    By turbine in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
  4. I am impressed!!!
    By iconfly in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
  5. Impressed!! I'll Say!!
    By martinjh99 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF picture

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF

$57.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



Synology 4GB ECC SOD DDR4 D4ES04-4G picture

Synology 4GB ECC SOD DDR4 D4ES04-4G

$129.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32 picture

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32

$140.00



Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM

$2649.00



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98