Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Strange crc error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3

    Strange crc error

    I downloaded the newest englisch version of knoppix and burnt it to a cd. When I boot with the cd, i do get the bootscreen, but when I give in some commands and press enter I get a black screen.
    If I try to boot with 'failsafe' I get 'crc error' and then 'system halted'. The only thing I can do then is reboot by pressing the startup button on my computer.

    What can be the reason of this error? And what can I do about it?
    I have an IBM aptiva, p2 350, 256 mb ram, ati rage pro onboard and ati radeon pci (tried both already) and I try to boot from a plextor cdwriter, maybe I should try to boot from my standard dvdrom?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Check the cd.
    using the cheatcode, and also try testing the md5sum.
    In the FAQ.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3
    I did the check with the cheatcode but the screen turned black again.
    When I do the md5 with the toast442.org md5 gui program the numbers doesn't match at all:

    7a64bbcd3a02b376d722815a232cec22 this is the actual checksum

    45378e8ef81b27 and so on is the file checksum.

    The iso and the md5 file do have the same filenames:
    KNOPPIX_V3.1-2003-01-20-EN

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    7a64bbcd3a02b376d722815a232cec22 is the checksum for the cd.
    ( gotten from http://ftp.chg.ru/pub/Linux/knoppix/...-20-EN.iso.md5 )

    when you drop the when you are checking the checksum, you drop the KNOPPIX_V3.1-2003-01-20-EN.iso on that md5gui program, it should give you that checksum ( it will take a while )


    If they don't match, then your download is currupted.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3
    Ok, thank you!

    I think I'd better try to download it again...

Similar Threads

  1. Strange Problem
    By BadgerKNX in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 06:11 AM
  2. A strange thing
    By rasterrex in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 12:13 AM
  3. Strange PPP problem
    By bacinlinux in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 04:22 AM
  4. Strange error message
    By Nelix in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 04:28 AM
  5. Strange Error
    By sepht in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Datto S3P4000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P4000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$137.56



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99