Please remove the annoying Startrek woman voice at bootup! By deleting the voice entirely, space could be saved![]()
Hmm, that means lm-sensors will be enabled at boot time? Then I know at least one category of users that would dislike that idea. Asus Pundit owners.Originally Posted by miauman
The Asus Pundit is a quite silent machine, but running lm-sensors triggers Q-Fan (the automatic fan control) to turn the fan up to it's max, which is quite loud. I'm unsure if other Asus motherboards with Q-Fan also have this deficency.
Please remove the annoying Startrek woman voice at bootup! By deleting the voice entirely, space could be saved![]()
Startrek voice:
I think that's kind of cool, and I always use it as an indicator as to whether my snd card is working
ACPI:
Current knoppix version seems to have some troubles with this, if it's done well it would be fine with me (I haven't been able to use knoppix recently because ACPI doesn't work right on my machine (or rather, it works sometimes but not always). But the HD installer DEFINITELY should be improved. There's nothing else out there with this many installed programs included, not to mention hardware support.
XFCE:
From what I 've seen of XFCE, it has no desktop icons; maybe it's just an ugly habit of mine as a Windows user, but I like my desktop. Also, the file manager I used with XFCE was terrible, I like icon views, not list views. Note: I used Morphix LightGUI. If XFCE had a desktop and a better filemanager, I'd go for it.
My vote is to replace the startrek voice for shutdown with the bit in the movie "Dark City" where the alien says in his ominous and forbidding voice "Shut it down... Shut it down Forever".
Some laptops do not actually boot at all. As noted in other threads, some notebooks freeze on boot with Knoppix 3.3 due to problems with ACPI and SMP. My Toshiba 2430 freezes after the boot prompt, no matter what cheatcodes I enter. There is an ACPI-enabled non-SMP version that someone created, but I am really hoping to be able to boot my laptop on 3.4.Originally Posted by gowator
Same here.Originally Posted by andymadigan
Tried XFCE last night in Morphix LightGUI. Was expecting it to look prettier :( BTW any idea if it's possible to mve the mouse pointer just using the keyboard (in KDE, I think it's CTRL+F12 then you can use the mouse using jjkl; or four similar keys).Originally Posted by andymadigan
from http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6600
Shift+NumLock gives you movement of the mouse by using the keypad (5 clicks)

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25
IBM 00D0055 X3850 X6 Server Storage I/O Book Card - Tested - fast Ship
$49.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 43W0291 System X3250 M1 Server System Board Motherboard Mainboard
$39.95
IBM 3837-AC1 X3850 X6 CTO SERVER
$400.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
$400.00