acpi = bad experience for many.
why not just leave it as users passing it specifically.

What impressed me most on knoppix is it worked 1st time. Sure Im an experienced linux user and my next step would have been to turn off acpi BUT many noobies might not.

Leave it for people to specifically enable.....

arabic....
non latin fonts is a whole new ball game.
Adding French/german etc is just a case of translation but adding arabic is ... well beset by probs for a non native speaker. Theres the filenames to think of .. right to left and swapping the dialog boxxes left/right ....
Look what a hash MS made of it, although I haven\t used Arabic windows since 3.11 ....
Its not impossible BUT itis specialist. In other words find the people, talk to arrabix and ask them to help ....
Its a worthwhile proposition just who would do it??

NFORCE
Well works for me. I keep the compiled modules on the USB keychain for this and my broadcom at work....
its a pain but ..... I just leave the bare minimum <1MB and do a make install since the kernel is the same.
then start pump and /etc/init.d/networking restart.

I think driver support is important, thats what makes it work outa the box but applications are not so important.

Perhaps some easier APT tools with knoppix support to help people upgrade, once you have a nic working and broadband then applications are never more than a apt-get away.