I have been reading everything I can find about setting up a VPN server on my Knoppix hd install here at home so (amongst other things) my son who lives nearby can print to my printer via the net. When I get that working, I want to put a VPN server in my Debian stable server at work so I can get into it via the net from here at home.
I haven't got far.
I gather that the knoppix installed kernel does not have support for IPSec.
=======
root@full:/home/ken# ipsec setup
Kernel support for IPSec not found, aborting.
===========
I thought I would try and set up the support IPSec needs as a module using modconf but wasn't able to find anything listed there that seemed to be what I needed.
I have never messed with compiling a kernel and would just as soon not take that leap, but maybe I have to. Is there another way?
Any general suggestions on which packages to use? FreeSwan seems to be the leading package. Is there anyone running it with a Knoppix hd install?
Thanks for any help.
Ken

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Genuine Samsung K406S Black Toner Cartridge - New and Sealed Box
$35.99
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00