When on a dhcp network all works well.
How do I configure when I plug into a port that has a set IP address?
When on a dhcp network all works well.
How do I configure when I plug into a port that has a set IP address?
netcardconfigOriginally Posted by LRutker
Mind elaborating please?
Open a console window (clam shell icon on taskbar) and type in the above command hit enter key fill in the required information. If running from the hard drive then use su and enter key type in root password enter key again and go through the step above.Originally Posted by LRutker
As Stephen said, you can run it from a command window. You can also run it right from the Knoppix menu (it's under networking). I'm usually verbose in my posts, but this time didn't see much point; figured if you wanted detalis you would do a "man netcardconfig" and get them.Originally Posted by LRutker
You might want to read this thread for a solution that would let you use a static IP address and still boot up Knoppix from CD and use DHCP to configure it:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7020
Thanks

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99