-
How to create an extended DOS partition with cfdisk?
I've got a 80GB HD and have made the first 8GB to a FAT32 primary partition for WinME. It followed by a 512MB Linux swap and then 10GB for Knoppix installation.
Now I'm trying to use cfdisk to create a FAT32 partion for WinME data. When I created a partition it's by default Linux type. I couldn't get it change to the type I want, maybe I picked the wrong type. My question is how to create a FAT32 partition on the remaining free space for WinME data.
1) Do I have to create a primary or a logical partition?
2) What partition type I have to choose?
3) Is the remaining free space (~60GB) too huge for one single FAT32 partition?
thanks
Phuoc Can HUA
Similar Threads
-
By stan45 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By jariep in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
-
By faz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By Dave Sell in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 02:30 PM
-
By jpaschke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90

Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$343.98

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99