-
Installing with several partition
Hi,
I would like to have a boot partition, separate usr, tmp and home partition, with different file system type. Is this possible to install knoppix that way. I check with in the fact, but all they speak about is script call knx-install which I read its source code and that clearly not do that.
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
We have just been discussing this very thing:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7156
At present it fails if you try to copy /usr to a seperate partition. I hope to have a chance to try the patch submitted by Fabianx this weekend. Let us know your results eh?
-
I hacked the knx-hdinstall and /etc/fstab to do this.
I formatted and mounted my partitions manually onto /mnt/target, hacking out the size check, format and mount operations performed by the script.
Here are files as I changed them.
http://steveredlich.com/~steve/knx-hdinstall
http://steveredlich.com/~steve/knx-fstab
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By crapszwei in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 02:47 AM
-
By Quite in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By Quite in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 10:40 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
-
By NamShub in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 10:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00

Samsung 128GB DDR5 PC5-4800B ECC Registered RDIMM M321RAGA0B20-CWK
$4200.00

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39