Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How do I get open Openoffice in English?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA., the Confederacy
    Posts
    3

    How do I get open Openoffice in English?

    I installed KNOPPIX (11-08-2002 version) and managed to fix just about everything. KDE is now in English (although I use IceWM-Gnome) and I even got the "links" browser and bash switched to English. Only Openoffice ist im Deutsch. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I took first year German in college, but I'm far from proficient. I'd rather have English. BTW, I edited the /etc/sysconfig/i18n file and made it "us" for LANG and COUNTRY and "en" for LC_ALL.

    Danke schoen.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4

    Re: How do I get open Openoffice in English?

    Assuming OpenOffice.org (linux) is the same as the windows version check Tools -> Options (Last Item on menu) -> Language options (Third option) -> Language. Not using knoppix at work to try this out, but I believe it should work.

    Quote Originally Posted by cheez
    I installed KNOPPIX (11-08-2002 version) and managed to fix just about everything. KDE is now in English (although I use IceWM-Gnome) and I even got the "links" browser and bash switched to English. Only Openoffice ist im Deutsch. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I took first year German in college, but I'm far from proficient. I'd rather have English. BTW, I edited the /etc/sysconfig/i18n file and made it "us" for LANG and COUNTRY and "en" for LC_ALL.

    Danke schoen.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA., the Confederacy
    Posts
    3

    Found my own answer

    This was in the remaster script on this site and fixed it.

    rm -f /etc/alternatives/soffice.resource
    ln -sf /opt/openoffice/program/resource-en /etc/alternatives/soffice.resource

Similar Threads

  1. How to fix OpenOffice menus to English only?
    By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 09:37 PM
  2. Changing Open Office to English from German
    By SunnyB in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 05:36 AM
  3. OpenOffice 1.1.1 starts & installs in German on English
    By Craig2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 06:36 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
  5. Open Office From English to Spanish
    By FatDaemon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$49.99