-
cross-platform email ?
Let's say that I use Knoppix with a USB drive as my persistent home directory and also as a DATA storage for my files and particularly EMAILS.
What EMAIL FORMAT do you suggest to use, what cross-platform EMAIL CLIENT do you suggest to use in order to easily access them from Knoppix but also from other Linux distributions and Windows ?
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: cross-platform email ?

Originally Posted by
T-Dob
Let's say that I use Knoppix with a USB drive as my persistent home directory and also as a DATA storage for my files and particularly EMAILS.
What EMAIL FORMAT do you suggest to use, what cross-platform EMAIL CLIENT do you suggest to use in order to easily access them from Knoppix but also from other Linux distributions and Windows ?
Thanks!
Hmm. I would use Mozilla Mail. Mozilla is on Windows and Linux. It's a great mail program. Perhaps you should also consider using IMAP. I am able to go from computer to computer using IMAP and I have access to all my email. You can also configure Mozilla Mail to keep local copies of your email on your computer in addition to accessing them via the server with IMAP.
Adam
-
Use mozilla or thunderbird (a branch from mozilla, focused on email).
They use an format (I don't remeber the name). The beatifulness of this format is that it save the email in a plain file!!. I haven't tested but I'm almost sure that you would be able to read your emails using mozilla (thunderbird) for windows or for Linux
Similar Threads
-
By nihat in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
-
By niktaris in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 08:56 AM
-
By Kram in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 09:38 AM
-
By Rink in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
-
By daYz in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00