-
Remastered CD fails to boot
I attempted to remaster Knoppix using the instructions at http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/b/kburk/knoppix/knoppix.txt by eliminating many packages in order to make room for GT.M (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanchez-gtm) and OpenVistA (http://worldvista.org). I did not eliminate cloop.o and verified that /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o was there.
When I boot the CD, I get:
Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0.../modules/cloop.o: init module
Hint insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, inclluding invalid IO or IRQ parameters
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional builtin commands available:
cat mount umount
insmod rmmod lsmod
knoppix:
When I type exit, I get:
FAT: bogus logical sector size 5120
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:01
I am completely stymied. Any suggestions for where to start troubleshooting and what to look for would be gratefully accepted. Thanx muchly in advance.
-- Bhaskar
Similar Threads
-
By DunkyB in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By Yuriy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
-
By pendrag in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 08:19 AM
-
By mwagner_00 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00