-
?Building a new KNOPPIX/boot.img
I need to re-construct the boot.img file used during the CD boot. I searched the forums for 'boot.img' and read all those. I read through http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...tomKernelHowto.
I am not running M$Win, I am not installing a new kernel or ISOLinux. I have the boot.img opened through a /dev/loop and have modified files. Unfortunately it looks like loop is read-only. So I copy these to a HD directory, make changes, and then what?
root@knop1:/bld/newstuff# ll bootimg/
total 1402
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 107 Nov 19 15:28 boot.msg
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 1791 Nov 19 15:28 f2
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 256 Nov 19 15:28 german.kbd
-r-xr--r-- 1 root root 7836 Nov 19 15:28 ldlinux.sys
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9258 Jan 8 08:29 logo.16
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 489495 Nov 19 15:28 miniroot.gz
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 2797 Jan 8 08:27 syslinux.cfg
-rwxr--r-- 1 root root 921593 Nov 19 15:28 vmlinuz
Note modified files. Now what is the 'mkisofs' command to rebuild the boot.img file? Then I will put it back into the remastering structure.
Thanks in advance
BillS
Similar Threads
-
By gbrisset in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 10:20 PM
-
By netgirl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:28 PM
-
By oldmarti in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By andrewtayloruk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested
$54.50

Intel Core i5-7500 SR335 3.4GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 CPU PROCESSOR
$14.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99