You may want to run /sbin/mouseconfig from a root console within kde and see which magical combination brings it to life.
my $0.02 and work every penny,
Paul
yes, i can't seem to figure why isn't my USB mouse detected on knoppix 3.3 ( it didn't work in 3.2 too btw)
knoppix detects everything else ok, but doesn't say anything about the mouse. this mouse worked in rh,mandrake,suse and windows but not in knoppix
help please
You may want to run /sbin/mouseconfig from a root console within kde and see which magical combination brings it to life.
my $0.02 and work every penny,
Paul
Naah, it still doesn't work.. i tried every combination and no response what so ever
help me
Check if your USB port is working.
I have the same problem. My "Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0A" is detected at boot, but does not work.
I have tried modprobe -r usbmouse, then modprobe HID, no good.
I have tried unplugging it and plugging it in again, no good.
I have tried mouseconfig, no good.
I have tried booting with the noapic option, no good.
This mouse works fine in Gentoo, and I don't remember having to do anything special there...
Any suggestions for other things to try?
(We are talking boot from CD, not HDD install.)
TIA,
Martin
I don't know what i did or what happened but knoppix suddenly detected the mouse! (guess it was a miracle) :P![]()
![]()
Yippii!
In 3.3, Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-19 found the USB Logitech optical trackball, but when Knoppix was installed onto the hard drive, the cursor would no longer work. Turns out, the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 was looking for "Serial Mouse" instead of "USB Mouse."Originally Posted by keokeo
How did u do that? I was havin the same problem! (I'm booting off a CD)

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99