I also use Xanrdos (not as good as Knoppix) and you can get Kaffeine from here in deb format:
http://support.xandros.com/downloads...contrib/andrew
sakiZ
Friends,
Here's how I installed Kaffeine, a real nice KDE media player based on Xine, on a Knoppix 3.3 hard drive install.
Get the latest Mandrake rpm here:
http://vgroup3.ath.cx/progs/linux/vi...0.4-1.i386.rpm
Open a terminal and use alien -d "package" to make a .deb. After installing, you will also have to apt-get install libpng3 to meet a hidden dependency.
Kaffeine will play all movie and music files, melds nicely with KDE, is easy to use and configure and, so far, quite stable. Also comes with a plug-in to preview complete/incomplete DIVX/XVID movies right in Konquorer -- sweet.
Enjoy.
Rick
I also use Xanrdos (not as good as Knoppix) and you can get Kaffeine from here in deb format:
http://support.xandros.com/downloads...contrib/andrew
sakiZ
From the Kaffeine pages:
Much easierCode:apt-get install kaffeine kaffeine-mozilla![]()
--GN
Agreed. Don't use the rpm just use apt to grab the deb and resolve possible dependencies.Originally Posted by gnarvaja
Ok great!
However, I did not want it as a plug in for Mozilla
So I just used
apt-get install kaffeine.
You can always do:Originally Posted by sakiZ
BTW, looking into other tools I came accross aptitude, I find it much easier to use than dselect as a char based UI to apt-get.Code:apt-get remove <package>
--GN
I downloaded and installed the .5 RC2-2 version. I used a debian link to down load it.
Type Kaffeine into Yahoo or Google look for the links.
It's a winner!!!
saziZ
Mmm, your still not liking apt, are you?
markus@fujibox:~$ apt-cache policy kaffeine
kaffeine:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 0.4.92+0.5rc2-2
Version Table:
0.4.92+0.5rc2-2 0
990 ftp://ftp.fi.debian.org unstable/main Packages
granted using apt is more challenging and perhaps more fun; but why not just use synaptic or kpackage to get this (and most other programs)?

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot Of 10 16GB DDR4 Server Memory
$650.00
LOT OF 8 Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 MTA36ASF2G72PZ SERVER MEMORY ECC
$500.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Lot Of 5 Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-14900R Server Memory RAM M393B2G70DB0, WORKING
$69.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50