thanks in advance and please let me know if you need some more info!
hello,
i want to run knoppix on my laptop but it does not boot.
It freezes after printing following:
probing scsi ... aic7xxx.o
i'm using KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso.
I've tried the following:
- successfully booted using the above file using vmware.
- successfully booted using the above file written to cd - again using vmware
- tried failsafe
no matter what i do, it always freezes after
thanks in advance and please let me know if you need some more info!
I had this with my Satellite too.
At bootup type:
"knoppix nosmp noscsi"
and it should work (no quotes btw).
I had the same problem, but I got it to boot with just "noscsi".
I got here by searching on aic7xxx.o/knoppix -- I have the same problem with a dell inspiron 2600. I tried the suggestion above, knoppix nosmp noscsi, and it worked on my dell as well.

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00