-
Junior Member
registered user
Can't load from LiveCD - no real answer
Thank windos_no_thank for trying help me. But I must repeat my question.
When I try to load from LiveCD 2003-11-14, system hang after message "AGP bridge detected". "testcd" show OK. "failsafe", "knoppix 2", "noagp", "noaudio" and other "no..." - situation not changed (in some mode last message is "Skipping AGP detection"). When I try boot in "expert" mode (why "expert"? I see only trivial hardware question about selection mouse, keyboard layout), I see, that all devices (include all IDE) recognized correctly except NIC (and no driver for sound). Where can be a problem?
Configuration:
- Celeron 800
- mb VIA85 on VIA Apollo chipset
- memory 192 Mb
- ide0 master - 80 Gb Barracuda (all partition in NTFS)
- ide0 slave - 40 Gb Fujitsu (all partition in NTFS)
- ide1 master - Toshiba 1312 DVD/CD-RW
- ide1 slave - ZIP 100 Mb
- video AGP Riva TNT 16 Mb (ASUS3400)
- NIC 3Com509B (ISA slot, not PnP)
- audio AD1618 (ISA slot)
-
Re: Can't load from LiveCD - no real answer
Hi, Igor!
Nobody's answered, so I thought I'd toss out my comment just in case it might help you. I have a HP XE744 w/ original CDR replaced w/ a Lite-On LTN486 CDR. It has a 731 MHz Celeron CPU and 64 MB RAM. It wouldn't boot Knoppix v3.4; defaulted to a minimal interface command prompt. Using "nodma" in the boot command line got past that, allowing KDE to run.
Scruffy
Similar Threads
-
By chris-harry in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
-
By braveerudite in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 07:05 AM
-
By n()()dle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By radiokid in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:05 PM
-
By adyga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Trucozie Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Self-Standing Lightweight Stick Vacuum New Ope
$89.00