-
Junior Member
registered user
Trying to get Realtek 8139 working
I have Knoppix 3.3 from late December and I am trying to get the network interface working on my laptop. It is realtek 8139.
I downloaded the drivers from realtek. They were for a 2.4.18-3 kernel, and mine is 2.4.22. I decided to try them anyway.
I compiled the source from realtek and tried to 'insmod 8139too.o' and was told the module already exists. Strange, because the card is not working.
I renamed 8139too.o to test.o and tried 'insmod test.o'. I got a warning that this would taint the kernel: no licence.
I am out of my depth. So, can anyone help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
There are 2 modules included iwith the linux 2.4.2x kernel: 8138cp & 8139too. Have you searched this site for 8139 related posts? There's a search box at the top of this very page. People seem to have had problems with ACPI mgt when using this ethernet chipset. Good luck.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks. I did the search, and after a bit or reading, found that if I specify
noapic
as a cheatcode, it works!
Very happy, thanks again
next... the realtek wireless card
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 09:32 AM
-
By anastas in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:58 PM
-
By giax in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 04:01 AM
-
By nmather in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:13 PM
-
By funsteve2001 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem
$395.00

New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS
$3890.00