I'm a Linux newbie/wannabe, so pls excuse my ignorance.
First, Knoppix is great for test driving Linux! The boot process identified everything properly (Athlon 700Mhz, 27G drive, etc.)
I have a Soudblaster live card AND on-board sound.
I noticed that knoppix loaded my soundblaster card in EMU10K1.
Ok, the Question. When using Windoze, only the soundblaster card produces any sound. In Knoppix, when playing mp3s the sound comes from my on-board outlet. When viewing mpg's, the sound comes from the sound card ports.
Can anyone help me configure everything through my soundblaster card?
Thanks.
Each day I take one more step to freedom from BILL.

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite Pro 490CDT Laptop PII 233MHz 96MB 4GB Win98 Bad Backli
$100.00
Vintage (2000) Apple Macintosh M7803 USB Pro Keyboard Black/Silver With Wired
$25.00
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99