-
Junior Member
registered user
other distro: how to enable scsi emu?
This may seem like the wrong place to be asking this, but I've trying out Slack 9.1. Everything works fine except my cd-rw. K3b tells me I need to enable scsi emulation for it. Ok, cool... how do I do that?
Sorry for the dumb newbie question (I'm not a total newbie, actually), I've just never needed to do that before.
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have no idea if mandrake uses lilo, but if that's the case, check /etc/lilo.conf on your HD install. It should have a line append="..." somewhere, which must contain - amongst other things - "hdX=ide-scsi" (with X suitable for your writer) If it does not, you need to add it and then rerun lilo to install the boot-loader with those parameters.
Similar Threads
-
By cli168 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM
-
By geoffleach in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
-
By jobah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Jack Georges Leather Briefcase/Laptop Bag Made In USA
$275.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC
$89.66

Vintage IDE Laptop Hard Drive Lot Fujitsu 30GB 80GB Hitachi 80GB SimpleTech NEC
$49.99

VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE
$350.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00