-
TTF fonts
I am newbie and I have some questions that I want to ask to:
1.) If I am using a live cd, can I write information on it or not?
2.) If I also have windows installed, can I write data on the Windows partition?
3.) How do I install MS TTF fonts or just TTF fonts so it looks better.
4.) Do I have to burn the iso on a rewritable cd in order to make changes on it such as installing new stuff or configuring config files?
Thanks in advance,
XPediTioN
-
Senior Member
registered user
1) In general no, although there is a tool in some custom versions that let's you burn a persistent home onto the CD (if there is space enough for it) if the media the CD is on is a CD-RW. You can burn onto another disk if you have another cd drive/writer.
2). Yes, if it is formatted in FAT32, or if you have blank space where you can create a linux filesystem.
3). Good question. Can be dione if you remaster the CD or install the OS to a hard drive no problem.
4.) No, what you really need to do for those kind of changes is remaster the CD. There's a guide in the docs section.
Some config files can be changed while running live- anything in your /home/knoppix can be changed and the changes preserved across a reboot if you have some FAT32/ext3 hard drive space to save a persistent home or if you have a USB pen drive. Files in /etc can be changed also- you need to copy them to your home directory, edit them, then remove the original file in /etc, and then moved the edited copy into /etc. The you can restart whatever service used that config file and it *should* work. Stuff in /etc was just a shortcut in ramdisk thta points to files on the CD last time I checked....
-
I didn't understand the part about TTF fonts, and also, what do you mean by remaster?
Similar Threads
-
By hannes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 10:29 AM
-
By mb456 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 02:10 AM
-
By knoppixusr in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By nhassan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 04:09 AM
-
By klimg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00