Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    31

    New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)

    Hi all,
    I'm working on the next version of Medialinux - http://opensourcelab.it/article/articleview/7/1/90/ - and I think i will finish it very soon.
    I post this in search of suggestions about this release.
    It will have all its packages updated and a main difference is that there is Openoffice 1.1 instead of Koffice (Kde is updated to 3.1.4).
    Many more multimedia apps.

    Thanks in advance to all who appreciated the old version !

    Marco Ghirlanda

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm not sure what you have on Medialinux, but I do have some suggestions. Knoppix has Rosegarden on it, but it's the old version which is terribly outdated. The new version is Rosegarden4. This is a really helpful tool for composers. Perhaps you could also have ALSA updated and include the JACK server which Rosegarden makes use of.

    If you could post a package list, I'm sure I could think of some more things.

    Adam

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm sorry for posting this. I see from your previous posts that I already asked this, and that from the link you posted that you do include Rosegarden4. I'd still like to see a package list and know if you include JACK.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Medialinux 2 is nearly ready... :-)
    By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 09:56 PM
  2. Medialinux 2 is out!
    By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 12:11 AM
  3. Update Knoppix with medialinux
    By sprudhom in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2003, 03:01 AM
  4. Web-based ICQ (ICQ2GO - Jawa based) with Knoppix
    By pilovis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic picture

IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic

$149.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$409.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$281.25