-
New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)
Hi all,
I'm working on the next version of Medialinux - http://opensourcelab.it/article/articleview/7/1/90/ - and I think i will finish it very soon.
I post this in search of suggestions about this release.
It will have all its packages updated and a main difference is that there is Openoffice 1.1 instead of Koffice (Kde is updated to 3.1.4).
Many more multimedia apps.
Thanks in advance to all who appreciated the old version !
Marco Ghirlanda
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm not sure what you have on Medialinux, but I do have some suggestions. Knoppix has Rosegarden on it, but it's the old version which is terribly outdated. The new version is Rosegarden4. This is a really helpful tool for composers. Perhaps you could also have ALSA updated and include the JACK server which Rosegarden makes use of.
If you could post a package list, I'm sure I could think of some more things.
Adam
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm sorry for posting this. I see from your previous posts that I already asked this, and that from the link you posted that you do include Rosegarden4. I'd still like to see a package list and know if you include JACK.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 19
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 09:56 PM
-
By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 12:11 AM
-
By sprudhom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-18-2003, 03:01 AM
-
By pilovis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By lindleyrl in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.60

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$505.41

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99