Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    31

    New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)

    Hi all,
    I'm working on the next version of Medialinux - http://opensourcelab.it/article/articleview/7/1/90/ - and I think i will finish it very soon.
    I post this in search of suggestions about this release.
    It will have all its packages updated and a main difference is that there is Openoffice 1.1 instead of Koffice (Kde is updated to 3.1.4).
    Many more multimedia apps.

    Thanks in advance to all who appreciated the old version !

    Marco Ghirlanda

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm not sure what you have on Medialinux, but I do have some suggestions. Knoppix has Rosegarden on it, but it's the old version which is terribly outdated. The new version is Rosegarden4. This is a really helpful tool for composers. Perhaps you could also have ALSA updated and include the JACK server which Rosegarden makes use of.

    If you could post a package list, I'm sure I could think of some more things.

    Adam

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm sorry for posting this. I see from your previous posts that I already asked this, and that from the link you posted that you do include Rosegarden4. I'd still like to see a package list and know if you include JACK.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Medialinux 2 is nearly ready... :-)
    By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 09:56 PM
  2. Medialinux 2 is out!
    By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 12:11 AM
  3. Update Knoppix with medialinux
    By sprudhom in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2003, 03:01 AM
  4. Web-based ICQ (ICQ2GO - Jawa based) with Knoppix
    By pilovis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



Intel Core i3-13100T CPU 13th Gen SRMBT 2.5 GHz LGA-1700 Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i3-13100T CPU 13th Gen SRMBT 2.5 GHz LGA-1700 Desktop Processor

$105.00



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$139.00



Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$14.99