Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    31

    New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)

    Hi all,
    I'm working on the next version of Medialinux - http://opensourcelab.it/article/articleview/7/1/90/ - and I think i will finish it very soon.
    I post this in search of suggestions about this release.
    It will have all its packages updated and a main difference is that there is Openoffice 1.1 instead of Koffice (Kde is updated to 3.1.4).
    Many more multimedia apps.

    Thanks in advance to all who appreciated the old version !

    Marco Ghirlanda

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm not sure what you have on Medialinux, but I do have some suggestions. Knoppix has Rosegarden on it, but it's the old version which is terribly outdated. The new version is Rosegarden4. This is a really helpful tool for composers. Perhaps you could also have ALSA updated and include the JACK server which Rosegarden makes use of.

    If you could post a package list, I'm sure I could think of some more things.

    Adam

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm sorry for posting this. I see from your previous posts that I already asked this, and that from the link you posted that you do include Rosegarden4. I'd still like to see a package list and know if you include JACK.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Medialinux 2 is nearly ready... :-)
    By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 09:56 PM
  2. Medialinux 2 is out!
    By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 12:11 AM
  3. Update Knoppix with medialinux
    By sprudhom in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2003, 03:01 AM
  4. Web-based ICQ (ICQ2GO - Jawa based) with Knoppix
    By pilovis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD  🚚 picture

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚

$140.00



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH

$225.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP

$149.99



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH

$225.00



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40