Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    31

    New Medialinux (Knoppix 3.3 based)

    Hi all,
    I'm working on the next version of Medialinux - http://opensourcelab.it/article/articleview/7/1/90/ - and I think i will finish it very soon.
    I post this in search of suggestions about this release.
    It will have all its packages updated and a main difference is that there is Openoffice 1.1 instead of Koffice (Kde is updated to 3.1.4).
    Many more multimedia apps.

    Thanks in advance to all who appreciated the old version !

    Marco Ghirlanda

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm not sure what you have on Medialinux, but I do have some suggestions. Knoppix has Rosegarden on it, but it's the old version which is terribly outdated. The new version is Rosegarden4. This is a really helpful tool for composers. Perhaps you could also have ALSA updated and include the JACK server which Rosegarden makes use of.

    If you could post a package list, I'm sure I could think of some more things.

    Adam

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I'm sorry for posting this. I see from your previous posts that I already asked this, and that from the link you posted that you do include Rosegarden4. I'd still like to see a package list and know if you include JACK.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Medialinux 2 is nearly ready... :-)
    By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 09:56 PM
  2. Medialinux 2 is out!
    By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 12:11 AM
  3. Update Knoppix with medialinux
    By sprudhom in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2003, 03:01 AM
  4. Web-based ICQ (ICQ2GO - Jawa based) with Knoppix
    By pilovis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF

$419.99



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$179.99



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF

$429.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$395.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor…. picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….

$309.99



Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up picture

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up

$89.00



Samsung Galaxy S10 10.9

Samsung Galaxy S10 10.9" FE 128GB WiFi Tablet SM-X520NZACXAR S-Pen Keyboard 2025

$299.00