-
Problems starting X on remastered Knoppix
I have build a remastered knoppix-cd by copying the original files to the harddrive and then running chroot, Xnest and startkde as described at http://www.stirnimann.com/mystuff/doc/knoppix.txt (chapter 3c). But testing the CD I get the following error message:
- X-window session terminated with errors.
please check and retry '/etc/init.d/xsession start'
I thought that startkde in my nested (chroot'ed) environment had changed some configurations, so deleted all X and KDE configuration files and copyed the original ones to the remastered knoppix. But that did not help and I keep getting the same error. There seems to be a problem with the following line of code in /etc/init.d/xsession:
Code:
su -c "DISPLAY=:0 exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc" - $USER >/dev/null 2>&1
When I delete ">/dev/null" here and retry "/etc/init.d/xsession start", I get the following error message:
- su: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info
(ignored)
setgid: opperation not permitted
(where the last line is translated from German so it might differ from the exact english wording)
Can anyone help me and give me a hint how to fix this error? I've been working on this for hours without success.
Thanks a lot.
Similar Threads
-
By wurm in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By Garibaldi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 04:27 PM
-
By grayfox777 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 06:54 AM
-
By piom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 10:32 PM
-
By garrettvm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75