I had a similar problem. Mine was caused by a conflict with the video driver. I'm still experimenting but I can get the desktop to load and show using:
Knoppix xmodule=vesa
Hope this helps.
After loading all drivers and configuring is done the screen goes blank instead of loading o/s.![]()
![]()
[/b]
I had a similar problem. Mine was caused by a conflict with the video driver. I'm still experimenting but I can get the desktop to load and show using:
Knoppix xmodule=vesa
Hope this helps.
I have the same problem, execpt, my monitor is turned off (???) and i must turn the puter off manually.Originally Posted by nooksack
![]()
Where do I type Knoppix xmodule=vesa?
I am total linux newbie....so any help will be welcome
As knoppix boots up you'll see
boot:
just enter the cheatcode so you get
boot: knoppix xmodule=vesa
(IIRC the "K" should be lower case).
Something else to try is to return the bios to "system defaults" -- this won't adversely affect Windows.
Didnt work. Any more suggestions?
knoppix noapm or knoppix noddc or knoppix noapci and you can use two or more cheat codes on the same command line eg. knoppix noapm noddc. And just to be sure you do not have a bad cd knoppix testcd.Originally Posted by flaminjd
I think Knoppix loads with default resolution of 1280 and a high refresh frequency I dont know the exact values but, if u hit F2 when the Knoppix boot screen comes it shows the values I think.
U might have to set screen resolution and hsync and vsync using
U would have to get that info abt ur monitor. That solved my problem of monitor turning off after configuration.Code:knoppix screen=<ur resolution> vsync=<supported freq at this res> hsync=<supported freq>

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
$400.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Pre Owned | IBM System x3650 M4 AC1 Server with 1x Intel CPU & 16GB RAM
$154.99
IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99