I had a similar problem. Mine was caused by a conflict with the video driver. I'm still experimenting but I can get the desktop to load and show using:
Knoppix xmodule=vesa
Hope this helps.
After loading all drivers and configuring is done the screen goes blank instead of loading o/s.![]()
![]()
[/b]
I had a similar problem. Mine was caused by a conflict with the video driver. I'm still experimenting but I can get the desktop to load and show using:
Knoppix xmodule=vesa
Hope this helps.
I have the same problem, execpt, my monitor is turned off (???) and i must turn the puter off manually.Originally Posted by nooksack
![]()
Where do I type Knoppix xmodule=vesa?
I am total linux newbie....so any help will be welcome
As knoppix boots up you'll see
boot:
just enter the cheatcode so you get
boot: knoppix xmodule=vesa
(IIRC the "K" should be lower case).
Something else to try is to return the bios to "system defaults" -- this won't adversely affect Windows.
Didnt work. Any more suggestions?
knoppix noapm or knoppix noddc or knoppix noapci and you can use two or more cheat codes on the same command line eg. knoppix noapm noddc. And just to be sure you do not have a bad cd knoppix testcd.Originally Posted by flaminjd
I think Knoppix loads with default resolution of 1280 and a high refresh frequency I dont know the exact values but, if u hit F2 when the Knoppix boot screen comes it shows the values I think.
U might have to set screen resolution and hsync and vsync using
U would have to get that info abt ur monitor. That solved my problem of monitor turning off after configuration.Code:knoppix screen=<ur resolution> vsync=<supported freq at this res> hsync=<supported freq>

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$63.99