I had a similar problem. Mine was caused by a conflict with the video driver. I'm still experimenting but I can get the desktop to load and show using:
Knoppix xmodule=vesa
Hope this helps.
After loading all drivers and configuring is done the screen goes blank instead of loading o/s.![]()
![]()
[/b]
I had a similar problem. Mine was caused by a conflict with the video driver. I'm still experimenting but I can get the desktop to load and show using:
Knoppix xmodule=vesa
Hope this helps.
I have the same problem, execpt, my monitor is turned off (???) and i must turn the puter off manually.Originally Posted by nooksack
![]()
Where do I type Knoppix xmodule=vesa?
I am total linux newbie....so any help will be welcome
As knoppix boots up you'll see
boot:
just enter the cheatcode so you get
boot: knoppix xmodule=vesa
(IIRC the "K" should be lower case).
Something else to try is to return the bios to "system defaults" -- this won't adversely affect Windows.
Didnt work. Any more suggestions?
knoppix noapm or knoppix noddc or knoppix noapci and you can use two or more cheat codes on the same command line eg. knoppix noapm noddc. And just to be sure you do not have a bad cd knoppix testcd.Originally Posted by flaminjd
I think Knoppix loads with default resolution of 1280 and a high refresh frequency I dont know the exact values but, if u hit F2 when the Knoppix boot screen comes it shows the values I think.
U might have to set screen resolution and hsync and vsync using
U would have to get that info abt ur monitor. That solved my problem of monitor turning off after configuration.Code:knoppix screen=<ur resolution> vsync=<supported freq at this res> hsync=<supported freq>

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 i7-10610U 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro Excellent
$249.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99