Quote Originally Posted by pinku
Hi thx..

Especially synaptic came to rescue and I have stripped off all the locales next step will be removing xservers i dont use..

Off topic here I have one question..

I have read that for videos on linux mplayer is really great but when I try to apt-get it I get this error:
depends on libavcodec and libvorbis0 which will not be installed..

When I tried to install libvorbis0 with synaptic it said that i will have to remove a very large no. of packages..Is it not possible to install mplayer onto debian??
You do not want that package it is from stable apt is trying to downgrade the install.
Code:
HappyTux:/home/stephen# apt-cache policy libvorbis0
libvorbis0:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.0rc3-1
  Version Table:
     1.0rc3-1 0
        500 http://ftp2.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
You want to install the mplayer package from sarge or sid:
Code:
HappyTux:/home/stephen# apt-cache policy mplayer-k7
mplayer-k7:
  Installed: 1:1.0-pre2-sarge0.1
  Candidate: 1:1.0-pre2-sarge0.1
  Version Table:
 *** 1:1.0-pre2-sarge0.1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
But you not going to get the package today anyway unless the mirror comes back (by my count down at least two days) on line for the marlliat line in your sources.list.