What I have done is hold down the following key (when you're in the black screen): CTRL+F1
I believe it will bring you to Xvideo conf.
hi all,
i have a weird problem. If i logged in once and i want to change the user (using kdm) the screen remains black. I cannot even go back to console. The only thing that helps is to reboot. Also if i type startx for the second time from the console the screen remains black.
I am using Kde 3.1, xfree 4.3 and radeon 9700 with the official ati drivers.
The problem appeared first after doing a dist-upgrade (among other packages aslo kdm).
thx
What I have done is hold down the following key (when you're in the black screen): CTRL+F1
I believe it will bring you to Xvideo conf.
I figured the problem was about the XF86Config-4 file. Andso i ran again and again fglrxconfig and did some try and error. Finally i solved the problem with disabling tv-out.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$149.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00