Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Thx 2 Author of Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SWEDEN
    Posts
    2

    Thx 2 Author of Knoppix

    I would like 2 thank you for the program that saved my ass/butt and a whole lot of cash. Due to Linux, My Windows System finally started, and my opinion of Linux-Users have done a 180-degree flip. Thx again for this awesome program.

    PS. If the Author doesn't read this then it's his lose, my ty are not easy 2 come by. DS

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Hey Yori (DS),

    Glad to help it helped you out, but to say this is a "program" is slightly wrong. It is an OS (Operating System), and it has a lot to offer, in addition to what you said, as well.

    Considering how much it helped you out with your other OS, maybe you can "take it for a test drive", so to speak?

    Pop that Knoppix Live CD into your drive, boot it up, and take it for a test spin. I think you are going to be a lot more amazed at what it can do, both currently, and in the future.

    I've been a die-hard follower of M$, and even though I still run a Win98 system, mostly for the kids, I have gone "head long" into Knoppix with my own system. And, I might add, haven't been happier about it. After just seeing what the CD can do, I jumped off the M$ bandwagon, and now count myself one of those "Linux" advocates. It has some headaches, but, by and far, a lot less than I ever had with my Windoze system.

    Anyway Yori,
    I am happy that it did what you needed it to do, when you needed it to
    Cuddles
    [ps] The original author of Knoppix was Klaus Knopper ( I am not he), but many have "added" to the OS known as Knoppix, since his introduction of this OS you see before you. I am quite sure, THEY read these forums though, and enjoy seeing all the thank yous.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for Author for Knoppix book
    By whil in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread 3.8GHZ/4.7GHZ picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread 3.8GHZ/4.7GHZ

$195.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$175.00



HP ProDesk 600 G5  picture

HP ProDesk 600 G5

$99.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core Processor with Radeon picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core Processor with Radeon

$385.00



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked picture

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked

$69.99



Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT Intel Core i5-10500 3.10 GHz 8 GB DDR4 Desktop No HDD picture

Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT Intel Core i5-10500 3.10 GHz 8 GB DDR4 Desktop No HDD

$129.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00